Friday, October 29, 2010

New Toys

Today I went to Joanne’s because I heard they were having a sale with lots of good prices. I’ve wanted/needed a rotary cutter for quite some time, but it never occurred to me that I could use it to cut out my patterns until I read a thread at StitchersGuild.  Anyways, I purchased a OLFA  kit which comes with a 45mm rotary, a 18 mm rotary, and a 12x18 self healing mat. Regular price was $42.99, but I got it for $25 since Joann’s was having a 40% of rotary cutters sale. I also picked up some dritz universal machine needles which I haven’t used before.  I hope that they will work ok in my phaff’s.
My newest hobby is now knitting. Last night I taught myself how to cast on, knit stitch and seed stitch. I’m attempting to make a sweater vest that has a single button in the front, ribbing down the front, and around the hemline. I’ve only gotten 2” of the 14” I need to make the back piece though. This will be a long journey…

No comments:

Post a Comment