So my next step is to redraft the pattern for a smaller chest. The pattern does not have the chest size we need. I've not done this before. It will be a learning curve!I'm not even sure where to start but I do have a ton of books on the subject, and at least one kit for drafting. I have all the supplies. I have drafted patterns before so I do not see it being that difficult.
This is my latest sewing project. S2556. I did NOT make a muslin, and that was a huge mistake. As you can see above, the vest turned out to be absolutely huge on her. Luckily I have enough leather for 1 more round.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Well we're just about done with the sample. We decided to switch to using the denim we're making the shorts from for our sample. All that's left is the waist, fly, and I think pockets. I'm having trouble with the fly. Since this is my first time making denim jeans or pants I have no idea what I'm doing. I do not understand the button fly thing at all. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to tackle it. The color is off on my camera, and I haven't figured out how to change it. The true color of these shorts is a checkered navy/grey denim cotton.
I think this time around the fit is a lot better. We're going to go ahead and start on the real fabric now. Luckily I have 4 yards of the chosen fabric, and these shorts take a tiny bit of fabric. I'd say maybe 1/2 yard even though the pattern says 1 yard for 60" wide size 4.